Thursday, February 10, 2011

30x30: Preschool Uniform

30x30 ITEMS
Polo shirt: Aeropostale, $10
Blue wrap sweater: Maurice's, $15
Pants: thrifted, $0.56
Boots: Laredo boots (thrifted), $1

ACCESSORIES REPORT
Necklace: Kohl's, $3

It's another sick day for my dear sweet husband, and so far, I've visited the grocery store three times in a 24-hour stretch. Important to stock up on supplies, see. We've been devouring Club crackers and watching old episodes of "Friends" all day.

Outfit-wise, I feel like a preschool teacher. Must be these bright pants and the ratty polo shirt, perfect for being touched by grubby little hands. My pink pants were one of my famed 56 cent steals from about a month ago, and I just fall more in love with them all the time. I think I'll be whipping out some sewing skills and turning them into skinnies, hopefully before the 30x30 is over. (Psst: my one-dollar boots were from the same thrifting trip. That was a seriously good day.)

This necklace is also very reminiscent of the big beads and yarn that little kids use to practice their fine motor skills. Should I put some strategically-placed fingerpaint on my face, just to complete the look? Actually, I took a lot of childcare and child development classes in college. Preschool isn't too far a stretch for me. But I do wonder how taking care of kids - my own or otherwise - will change the way I dress. Will I go for different colors, more resilient fabrics?

What do you think, moms and teachers? How has becoming a parent/working with kids changed your style choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment