Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunday's Outfit

Earrings: honeymoon gift from husband
Ribbon necklace: made it
Bead necklace: Wal-Mart, $5
Cardigan: Old Navy, $15
Sweater: Gap, "borrowed" from husband
Skirt: Penguin by Munsingwear brand, $15 (secondhand)
Leggings: Wal-Mart, $3
Socks: TJ Maxx, $4 for 2-pack
Boots: Laredo brand, $1 (thrifted)

I have never in my life taken anything to be dry cleaned. When I came across this "dry-clean only" skirt in my laundry pile, I thought, "Why start now?" I threw it in the wash, and while the results weren't too disastrous, the length did shrink a bit. Looks like it will only be worn with tights, leggings, or a long slip from now on. Which, when I think about it, kinda bums me out. Lesson learned: don't risk ruining a favorite piece just because you're feeling lazy.

In other "items that are no longer perfect" news, check out my necklace.

BEFORE




AFTER



After a careful investigation of all of today's pictures, I believe the broken strand originated at this precise moment:

As you can see, I (unintentionally) grabbed hold of my necklace while jumping. Not smart. Fortunately, the necklace (which I just bought a few days ago) only needs a simple repair.

Only one more day of dressing before the 30x30! I feel the need to wear all of my non-30x30 items at once, just because I won't be able to wear them for an entire month. We'll call it Bag Lady Chic.


No comments:

Post a Comment