Sunday, March 20, 2011

I've Got a New Attitude

Patterned dress: secondhand Ann Taylor brand, $13 from thrift store
White dress: secondhand H&M brand, free from a friend
Belt: secondhand, $2 from thrift store
Tights: Forever 21, $1.50
Heels: secondhand Classiques Enter, $5 from thrift store

Between the white tights, layered dresses, barrettes, and navy/white color scheme, I felt like a Catholic schoolgirl today. On the bright side, I really love this patterned sheath dress and was excited to bust it out for the first time. Expect to see this one worn in some different incarnations over the next little while ...

And on THAT note, I have some bloggy-blog news. I've been really unmotivated lately to take outfit pictures and post them, which is a shame, since that's the basic goal of keeping this blog in the first place. There are lots of reasons why this is the case; some of them are trivial and some of them are serious, but after taking account of all of them, I've decided that I do want to continue with the blog and make it better. One improvement I'm making is to implement a new project that will help me define my personal style and take advantage of my limited-but-definitely-adequate wardrobe. While doing the 30x30 challenge was difficult in some ways, it definitely helped me feel excited about blogging, and I'm thinking that working on a new, ongoing project will have a similar effect.

Here are the rules of this project: at the beginning of each week, I'll introduce a new piece of clothing (or pair of shoes). I will then proceed to wear that item in at least five different outfits over the course of that week. Some cool cats call this sort of thing "remixing," and I'm cool enough to join them. I'm calling this The Weeklong Remix.


I got the idea for this project from a marketing image put out by Shade Clothing a few years ago.


Looking at this, I'm struck by how the shirt hasn't just been used in seven super-similar outfits; each look feels very individual and different. Behold the wonder of a basic button-up shirt (something I don't actually own, now that I think of it), and behold the wonder of remixing.

This week, I'm going for my navy-print Ann Taylor sheath dress. I'm in for one classed-up, layer-riffic week. The first look is all wrapped up and tied with a bow (or a belt).

 Sheath Dress Remix #1:

See also:
Sheath Dress Remix #2
Sheath Dress Remix #3
Sheath Dress Remix #4
Sheath Dress Remix #5

(And PS: if you think it's gross that I'm wearing the same article of clothing five times in a week, tough nuggets. Guess what else? I don't wash my hair everyday, and when I'm camping, I don't even bother with deodorant. I've got my grossness. I'm at peace with that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment