Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Apple Tree Public Display

I dont understand this Green Apple Tree in our backyard. It looks like its fruits are ready for consumption but there is something on it that says: "Stop! They are not that ripe yet".

Why display yourself to excite me but put a label saying, "You cannot just pick my fruits for now". Are they not to be consumed yet for you're busy glistening yourself to serve your purpose? That purpose, I understand. Its for the future nourishment of the oppressed which I go for. But 5 nights ago, you did tell me you'll be ready in a couple more days. So, I've waited. But what happened?

Last night, I thought it was time to have your fruits again. They looked yummy so i tried to pick one and have a bite... just to taste a little bit of you again. I was so excited to have you, just like always, but all you gave me now is bitterness. Not the usual sweetness you gave me before. You seemed not happy of me enjoying your fruits anymore. You used to be excited and inspired when I have you. It didn't feel right, this time.

So yeah, Now i know, you are not ready for me yet..... Or maybe, that delectable display was no longer for me. So, I decided to leave you alone for now. I hope you're happy.

And yes, it hurts to see you from my window. Especially remembering how we used to be excited and happy sharing time with each other, almost every night, busy or not.

This is not being selfish. I need my nourishment too.

(You know who you are... All I want to know is the real score. Basta ang alam ko, panalo ang Celtics!)

No comments:

Post a Comment