Monday, June 11, 2007

Racial Profiling IV

Ekra's Afro: Barack Obama

O ayan! Sya nga ba ang magiging first African-American President natin? Malakas ang hataw ng Obama na to ha. Ewan ko lang kung win sya? Papayag kaya si Hilary dito? She herself is making history too for becoming the first woman President of America. Saan kayo?

"I opposed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996. It should be repealed and I will vote for its repeal on the Senate floor. I will also oppose any proposal to amend the U.S. Constitution to ban gays and lesbians from marrying". - Barack Obama


Kelly's Caucasia: Alice Burdeu


Just proclaimed as Australia's Next Top Model 3 pero naging controversial kaagad dahil sa kanyang ala Palitong katawan. "I am just naturally thin and healthy" sabi nga ng Alice. Pero alam mo naman ang media, para may isusulat lang. Basta, we love her! (Kung babae lang sana si Palito, may Pinay Supermodel na tayo noon pa! Ching!).

Titi Winner Empress Maruja's recommendation to watch ANTM led me to browse ito sa Youtube at buong araw pinanood ng lokah ang buong Cycle 3. Fave ko na sya from start to finish and I was happy na sya ang winnie the pooh! This combi of Julienne Moore- Nicole Kidman- Kate Moss beauty is soooo Haute Couture!

"Can you imagine reading that you look like you're from a concentration camp? My family and friends know that I don't have a problem – if anything, I eat too much chocolate". - Alice B.

(Know more about Alice Burdeu here).

Lyka's Brown Asia: Anggun

Ang gandah ng Indonesiang lokah! Tinalo sa picture (right --->) ang Regine Velasquez natin! Pang International ang appeal ha!

Indonesia, being a Muslim country, reacted with Anggun's (who now resides in France) single "In Your Mind". It was all about women who had suffered in societies that restricted the freedom of women generally. (kung baga, Muslim Women!). Below is some lyrics by Anggun in the said song:

"Nothing wrong with this legs you see. Nothing wrong with this lean body. And nothing wrong with the woman in me. Its’ all in your mind, in your mind...... Just open your mind. Then maybe you’ll find. That there’s no reason. For your shallow aggravation". - Anggun Cipta Sasmi

Mama O Latino: Thalia

"Mariiiiimar..... Aaaaaw!" At asan na ang Marimar na ito? Bumalik na ba sa Barrio? Wiz na kami balita kay Rosalinda na ito. Tumutugtog pa kaya ang kanta nyang "Nandito Ako"? Dali! Itanong nyo kay Maria Mercedes.

Natabunan na kasi ng mga Koreana ang beauty ng Mexicanang etetch! Revive nga natin ang babaeng ito... Thalia, pasok!

"My favorites are the scenes where I had to fight and take women by the hair, or when I threw buckets of cold water at someone, or when I played pranks on my leading men! Those because they allowed me to do things I wouldn’t dare to do in real life". - Thalia Sodi Miranda

-----O-----


Our Song of the Week is from Lyka's Brown Asia's Anggun. With her collaboration with modern tribal group Deep Forest, here is Deep Blue Sea. Listen:

No comments:

Post a Comment