Friday, June 29, 2007

The King Of Negros Reacts

Our post about Hari Ng Negros and your corresponding comments led the reigning Hari, Mark Xander Fabillar (The Vegan Prince) to write us and answer our speculations about him and the said male pageant search. Specifically those comments made by Mr. Schizophrenic and Bananas were riposted by Mark (Pictured... In fernalou, cute sya ha!).

Here are Mr. Schizo and Bananas' comments with his Majesty, Hari ng Negros 2006 Mark Xander's response:

Mr. Schizophrenic said...

"Kaya pala familiar ang fezlak ng Mark Xander Fabillar na yan, meron sya dati website with his nude photos. Nakita ko yun mga almost 2 years ago. Kasama pa ang fektyurs ang poet BF nya. Isa lang masasabi ko sa nude pics nya. "Maliit". LOL =P"

Mark Xander replies....

To Mr. Schizophrenic: Your comments are quite demeaning. I have never POSED NUDE and don't have plans of ever doing so for the camera. I might do it for painting sessions (who knows?) but definitely not for the camera. My partner is also NOT a poet, by the way. He is a Palanca-winning writer and is known for his fiction.

I, too, am an advocate of free speech but I challenge anyone to post those nude pictures on the net if they really do exist. The screening process for Hari ng Negros is a very rigid one and contestants are even disqualified if they've participated in bikini opens in the past - how much more if they've posed nude?"
I just had to clear my name because these comments are on the net and anyone CAN or MAY read them.

LTE say: Ayan Mr. Schizo, patunayan mo nga ang kini-claim mo at interesado kami. Ching! .

Bananas said...

"Lyka, magtanong ba naman kung kabaro yong bata? Eh, para mo na ring tinanong kung kabaro nga ba si john lapuz nyan. Ikaw na teh!"

Mark Xander replies....

"To bananas: I don't know exactly what you mean by that comment (my Tagalog is not very good) but I do hope I can meet you in the future so that you will get to know me before you judge me."

LTE say: Ayan Bananas! Hindi ka si Judge Judy or si Judge Davide ano! Dont judge the book... you have to read it first! Ching!

Here is the rest of Mark's reply:

Hello, Lyka. This is the first time I've read this article and let me congratulate you for a job well done. :) I also want to say that the comments are very interesting. :)

Here's my three cents:


First things first. For the benefit of everybody, yes I am openly gay and have NEVER hidden that fact. (Laughs) Being gay does not mean having to wear a dress (although there's nothing wrong with that - diversity, anyone?) and the reason why I competed was because of the prodding of people who wanted me to stand up for all the gay men in the Negros.


Truth is, gay men are highly discriminated everywhere (especially in small, conservative regions like Negros) and someone just had to show these people that masculinity and "handsomeness" do not just apply to straight men. I was very hesitant to join at first because I was scared that I might get discriminated against but decided to do it for the sake of all the young gay/lesbian students in Negros. I wanted to show them that it is OKAY to be who they are and that they can still achieve whatever it is they wanted.
I certainly DID NOT expect to win.

Secondly, yes, Ian is my partner and we've been together for four years now. He accompanied me in all of the rehearsals, functions, etc at the pageant. The organizers were aware of the situation. I even introduced him as my partner to my fellow contestants and they were FINE with it.


Guys, before I leave, I just wanted to say that I am NOT MAD and actually found the comments entertaining and fun. :) (Feeling ko tuloy ako si Tere Licaros who was also bashed heavily on her blog, lol!)


Peace, love, and equality to everyone here! :)


~Mark Xander Fabillar~


----O----

Dear Mark,

First of all, thanks for visiting LTE and for clarifying some of the comments and speculations posted about you. Please accept our apologies for whatever has written of you that has caused you harm. The apology is from us, LTE ladies and our girlfriends, specially Bananas and Mr. Schizo. (Mga bitches talaga ang mga yun eh! Pagbigyan na ang mga bading).

We are glad, somehow, you enjoyed the post and the comments. We acknowledge your time for giving us your thoughts about all this and your open-mindedness for playing along the Okrayan Session (which is the usual game here in this rainbow blog).

Lastly, excuse us for grabbing your beautiful pictures, modifying it, and posting it here without your permission. Cute ka kasi eh kaya dapat meron. (Sipsip!). Let us know if you want it removed.

We look forward to an opportunity to hear from you again and know you more. Mabuhay ka! Mabuhay si Bananas! Mabuhay si Mr. Schizo! Mabuhay tayong lahat!

Lovingly yours,
Las Tres Estrellas

No comments:

Post a Comment