Thursday, February 14, 2008

That Daybreak


D.,

I would never forget the 24 hours I spent with you.

I recall our first meeting. We were introduced two days before me returning back here in SF. Though, I first noticed you on my early days there, I never thought we'll end up like this. I should have spent the whole month with you rather than just a day.

It was in that bar when I first saw you. I thought we threw glances at each other. But yet you were just an eye-candy window display to me. I didnt entertain the thought of talking to you or something like that. Dating twinks was never my cup of tea.

All those times we were in that bar together and not knowing each other, having you didnt come to mind. If only I knew then.

Not for our common friend J, I've never got the chance to meet you, to know you. That match-maker bitch, thanks to him. With all honesty, I thought of not going out with you, because you were just a kid. But I did anyways for the reason that I am not losing anything. I am off to the States 2 days after and I thought it would be fun.

The age gap was an issue for me at first. I am more than 10 years senior. I was just there for the experience. For a talk. But you narrowed it down. We actually did. We made it work. Our friend J should have played cupid much early.

Driving around the city with you and nowhere to go, made me happy. I dont know why. Maybe you were just there smiling at the passenger seat, talking about your past relationships at that young age of 21. Your innocence played an important role. A surprise for me. Then you'll keep telling me that 'you and me' will lead nowhere like the drive around the city we were having that day. Yep, I would be leaving in two days, I thought. Then you held my hand.

I dont have Sex in mind at first. But it led there anyways. I had a good one. You were great.

Then, that Daybreak. You had something in mind. You told me you feel something different for me. Something special. I repeated what you've said in the car. This will lead us nowhere. We will be separated by the biggest ocean. We will be miles apart. So, you must not entertain the thought. I will be leaving the next day and we've just met the past 24 hrs. But if given a chance to know you more, i'll consider wholeheartedly. But that is not the case, D. And dont get me wrong. I like you too.

That day. That night. That daybreak. That was special.

The next day you left text messages on my phone. Sorry for not answering those last parts back. I echoed what Paolo Rivero's line on this new Alix's movie trailer above. "...this will never work".

Today, Valentine's Day, I dont have anybody in mind but you. Even you are far far away. Even you are not thinking of me. Even you were not true on those 24 hours we had together (forgive me for doubting). When it comes to love, i thought of that daybreak with you.

I havent seen 'Daybreak' yet but basing on the trailer, this movie is for us, D.

See you next year?

-A. (aka Lyka Bergen)

No comments:

Post a Comment