Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Tesseract

I loved the book but hated the movie. Manila is Bangkok. Vincente becomes Wit. Wit who steals. Wit who lies. Totally different from his book's counterpart, Cente. Alex Garland's book, The Tesseract and the Pang Brothers' film interpretation didnt form a dimensional hypercube. It is like Madonna as a Pop artist and Madonna the actress. 

Ekra in Vegas messaged me: "You have to see her before you die. That is how good she is". No, she is not talking about Charice. Seeing Madonna perform is not on the top of my list. I'll rather see Easter Island before I die. A dream transforming into reality. That's the only thing that can wow me. 

Nothing has holy-jeez-gosh-wowed me yet. Not even my first glance of the beautiful Boracay Beach, neither Sigur Ros being a stone's throw away nor Pan's Labyrinth, nor the Burj Al Arab and the snow-covered Grand Canyon, And definitely not my first IMAX experience. Close maybe is the sex i had with this pretty stranger eleven years ago. He was 35, I was 24. Now that I am 35, would there be a 24-year old for me? Charot!

I was 24 when I first left the Philippines. Sydney was great. I celebrated my 25th birthday at the Planet Hollywood-Sydney. I thought it was cool.  I dont go to any Planet Hollywood anymore. The last time was in Niagara. The food sucks. So Uncool!

The weather is getting cold now. I wake up with these joint pains. My groin aches. I am getting older. The first half of the supersymmetries of Life has just ended. I wonder what's next. 

We can see the thing unraveled, but not the thing itself. - Alex Garland. The Tesseract.

No comments:

Post a Comment