Monday, May 23, 2011

Flipper-Hippie




Headband: Charlotte Russe, $3
Necklace: gift from my mom
Shirt: secondhand BCBG Max Azria brand, $10
Sweater: Modcloth, $17
Skirt: second Penguin by Munsingwear brand, $10
Leggings: Target, $3
Boots: Rocketdog brand via Macy's, $35

I wore this to church yesterday, and when Craig saw my get-up, he said that I looked like a mix between a hippie and a flipper.

"A hippie and a flipper?" I asked. "You mean ... the dolphin?"

"Oh. I meant flapper. Like from the 20s."

That makes more sense.


What do I have to do to get some clear pictures on this blog? I mean, these aren't horrendously blurry, but they could be better. Check out Crimson Rosella, my edit., E. from academichic, and Selective Potential. See what I mean? Those pictures are sharp. as. tacks. So what's my deal? Is it some setting on my camera? A sketchy lens? Do I need to use a better photo-editing program? Is Blogger slowing me down? I shall investigate.

Anyway.

Church was mediocre yesterday. Craig and I have the job of teaching a Sunday School class every other week, and while I enjoy the calling in lots of ways, there are some occasions when it's like I'm speaking Swedish to a classroom full of Spaniards. For example, I'll say, "What are some things we need to do to gain eternal life?" It's a deep question, I know, and I get a bunch of blank stares from the class members. After a sufficient number of awkward silent seconds, Craig will pipe up and repeat the question: "What are some things we need to do to gain eternal life?" When he asks it, lightbulbs appear around the room. Hands raise. People have something to say. ... Did I mumble my way through the exact same words so that no one could understand me? It's a confusing thing, and I feel like a very poor teacher. I've got some solid thoughts in this noggin of mine, but darned if I can translate them to a teaching situation. And that's probably okay, except for every other Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment