Saturday, October 24, 2009

I Am Everybody

I am Marc Nelson

Rovilson Fernandez had a hard time recognizing the flags of the countries they have visited in The Amazing Race Asia 2 causing them to lose the race. I am Marc Nelson disappointed of the sudden fall due to my partner's lack of knowledge in Vexillology. I am Marc who, despite my partner's fault, thinks a partnership or a team should still be with each other regardless of one member's frailty. 

I am B.A. Baracus

But who am I as a team member? I am BA Baracus. Mr T's character in the campy 80's TV series called The A-Team. I am BA Baracus because I am afraid to Fly. Scared to launch my rocket, the rocket I held back to build because I know I will be terrified to launch it thinking it would be a failure.  And when I am in the sky with the team, I show them what I really feel. Scared and Fearful that they would like to punch me in the face. 

I am Baran

I am full of fears. I am always afraid. I was hurt so I am afraid of returning. I am Baran. Director Majid Majidi's Baran, the fictional poor Afghan girl who represents herself as a boy in order to work and function in an illiberal society. I am afraid that my peers will discover my true gender. I should always wear the mask... even it may cost me my love to the man I adore. I know its wrong, but am pretty sure that at the end, everyone will understand.


I am Marc. I am BA. I am Baran. I am Lyka Bergen. I am them. I am you. And in some little ways, you are Me too. Tse! 

No comments:

Post a Comment